I’ll admit it, up until this point being on my email list pretty much sucked. My subscribers received random emails out of nowhere from me with absolutely zero consistency. I would go months without sending out an email. I wish I had some good reason for it but the truth is that I flat out neglected it.
Here’s the problems that come along when you’re not emailing your list regularly:
- On the rare occasions when I do send out emails, I get a lot of people who unsubscribe. Probably because of the unfamiliarity with my emails
- I miss out on potential traffic that I could be getting through my list
- I’m not building the connection with my audience that I could be
But that changes today. I’ve made the decision to start putting a lot more effort into my email list and to be consistent with it like I’ve been with my blogging schedule. So here’s the plan:
- I’ll shoot out one email per week jam packed with valuable content
- I’m working on setting up an email series with tips and tricks that I’ll only share with my email subscribers (so be sure to sign up!)
- I’m going to focus on building up my list with more subscriber
- I’ll check in with you all on a regular basis through my email list to see what’s going on with your blogs and how I can help you. I sent out an email like this last week and the feedback was great, so it’ll become a regular thing.
What You Need To Do
The only thing you need to do is subscribe to my email list if you haven’t already. There’s a form right at the bottom of this post. If you subscribe right now, you’ll also get my nifty guide on how to become an authority in your industry for free.
Let this be a lesson to all of you out there with neglected email lists. Hopefully you’ll learn from my mistake and put more effort into your list. If you’re just starting out with your email list, the first thing I’d suggest you do is put together some sort of autoresponder series that lasts at least a few months so that people are getting emails from you regularly.
I’m excited to see the change that happens from making use of my email list and connecting with you all there. Don’t forget to subscribe!